Sunday, September 10, 2023

The Story Behind Grace And The Golden Rule by Negrita Smart

 



The Story Behind Grace And The Golden Rule

I initially outlined Grace And The Golden Rule in my journal. I outlined the beginning, middle, and end of the story. I knew what message I wanted to share. I knew the name of the main character, Grace. I already visualized her face including specific details such as the freckles on her checkbones and the huge, brown, curly hair. 

Although I had this prepared inspirational message and character to share with the world, I did not know how to move beyond the creative stage. I researched the internet for steps on how to publish a book. I found several steps and suggestions but I was a novice to the book publishing process and I needed more direction. 

I remembered when we were younger, my sisters and I attended church with a person that later became a very successful author. I do not believe it was a coincidence that I suddenly remembered her from over twenty years ago. 

After a few attempts to make contact with her, she and I finally connected. I still remember the day we spoke. 

She shared her author journey with me and encouraged me to pursue my dream of writing. Not only did she provide me with sound advice and direction, she introduced me to a Children’s book publisher. Afterwards, she continued to touch base with me and provide support. I am thankful for my friend’s mentorship. She is listed on the dedication page of the book.  

The publisher and I began working together and I was guided through each step of the book publishing process. The publisher explained to me how to organize and write the manuscript which was the most important step to becoming published. I was also educated on what to expect in every step of the process from beginning to end. During our initial conversation we set goals and discussed what was necessary to accomplish the goals. 

The most extensive process was scene illustration. It was important that each scene illustration communicated the emotions and message of the book. Cover design was very important because it served as the introduction to Little Miss Grace, her debut. 

After four months of editing, scene illustration, cover design, and typesetting Grace And The Golden Rule was published and available on Amazon.  

 

 

Title: Grace and the Golden Rule
Author: Negrita Smart
Publisher: C Black Expressions LLC
Publication Date: February 4, 2023
Pages: 34
Genre: Children’s Book (Ages 3 – 11)

goodreads add to

Grace loves the Winter season. It is her favorite of all seasons because she loves to play in the snow with her friends. Winter is also Grace’s favorite season because she can wear her favorite purple scarf. Grace wears it every day until she meets Ruth. After meeting Ruth as school, Grace feels differently about playing in the snow and wearing her favorite purple scarf. This is because Grace learns a valuable lesson about how to treat other people.

Purchase at Amazon: https://tinyurl.com/3zh4de8f


 


Negrita Smart is a small-town girl from Dadeville, Alabama. She is a wife, sister, believer, and teacher at heart.

The first of her family to graduate from college, Negrita holds a Masters in Business Administration and the insurance designation of Chartered Property & Casualty Underwriters and holds insurance licenses in Property and Casualty and Life and Health. She credits and shares her accomplishments with her supportive family.     

Negrita loves spending time with her family and has happily taken on the official role of Event Planner bringing family members together through fun and love. 

In her professional life, Negrita utilizes her talent for sharing knowledge and information as a new-hire trainer creating user-friendly webinars, courses, tests, and gauge learning within business areas such as auto, property, and agriculture.    

As an author, Negrita is a member of the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators always looking to connect, share and grow with fellow writers.    

An active supporter of her local church ministry, Negrita is driven to share life lessons with children through story-telling and relatable characters.  

Follow her on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/negritasmart/.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment