Tuesday, March 1, 2022

The Story Behind Dime by Luis Figueredo

 



The Story Behind Dime by Luis Figueredo

Pierce Evangelista, a sharp-witted, Harvard-educated lawyer is drawn into the brutal and violent power struggle between the Venezuelan drug cartel and the DEA. Juan Carlos, who holds crippling information about the cartel, sits in the Curacao Prison awaiting extradition. He is aware that his life only holds value to the DEA if he agrees to cooperate; and the cartel can’t allow him to tell the DEA what he knows and will try and kill him before he can be extradited.

DIME was very loosely inspired by the arrest of someone I know. He was arrested on a Caribbean Island and imprisoned for almost three years on circumstantial evidence. His plight gave me the idea for DIME. I started with an outline for a much simpler story.   Once I began writing DIME, after about 100 pages, the story developed its own momentum. I tossed the outline and discovered that the best ideas presented themselves when I was deeply immersed in writing. I worked on DIME intermittingly since I had a full-time job. However, I often found myself anxious to get back to writing to find out what was going to happen next.

When I finished writing the DIME, I tried to get it published with no success. After a year of countless rejection letters, I put the manuscript away and concentrated on my career.

My daughter Jordan, who prides herself on giving unique and thoughtful Christmas gifts, thought self-publishing DIME would be the perfect gift. Once my daughter self-published DIME, I decided to self-promote the novel.

That also motivated me to write Breaking Arrows which will be published sometime this year.

When I finished Breaking Arrows, I signed with a small publisher that also expressed interest in a re-releasing DIME.

 

 



Pierce Evangelista, a sharp-witted, Harvard-educated lawyer is drawn into the brutal and violent power struggle between the Venezuelan drug cartel and the DEA. Juan Carlos, who holds crippling information about the cartel, sits in the Curacao Prison awaiting extradition. Pierce realizes that his client’s life only holds value to the DEA if he agrees to cooperate. The cartel won’t allow Juan Carlos to tell the DEA what he knows and plans to kill him before he can be extradited.

Evangelista is forced to rely on his keen instincts and employ unconventional tactics to take on the DEA and the Venezuelan drug cartel to protect the life of his client.

“A Powerful Page Turner!”The BookViral Review

“A powerful and engrossing novel from beginning to end, Dime proves a must-read for discerning fans of the genre and a superb debut for Figueredo. A Remarkable Legal Thriller”Literary Titan

“The strength of Luis Figueredo’s writing is in the ability to create a conflict that allows the characters to evolve as they deal with challenging situations. It is a wonderful read, indeed.” Readers ‘Favorite

Book Information

Release Date: January 17, 2022

Publisher:  Speaking Volumes

Hard Cover: ISBN: 978-1794727571; 556 pages; $10.75

Soft Cover: ISBN: 978-1645406099; 472 pages; $19.95

Kindle eBook: ASIN: B09QMN5LWH; 474 pages; $4.99

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3tJgSk5  

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/50386840-dime



Luis Figueredo was born and raised in the Bronx, New York. He completed his undergraduate degree in History from Brandeis University in Massachusetts and earned his law degree from Harvard Law School. He is currently the City Attorney for the City of Doral.

During his legal profession, Luis developed a nationwide practice representing a diverse group of clients that include municipalities, national trade associations, corporations, real estate developers, and Indian Tribes.

His latest book is the legal thriller, DIME.

Connect with him on Twitter and Facebook.








No comments:

Post a Comment