Sunday, January 17, 2021

The Story Behind Cleo Can Tie A Bow by Sybrina Durant


Cleo Can Tie A Bow

By Sybrina Durant




Hello! I’m Sybrina Durant – Author of the “Learn To Tie With The Rabbit and The Fox” series of books. Years ago, I wrote “Learn To Tie A Tie With The Rabbit And The Fox”. The inspiration for that book came when, in the

1990’s, I had a need to learn to tie a necktie.  There were no books or songs available for that task at that time, so as I am want to do, I created a song, then a video and then a book which I also translated into Spanish and Tagalog.

Several  similarly themed books came after that one over the years but this “tie a bow” book just didn’t want to make itself known to me until recently. Nearly 30 years after I published the first book, this story, “Cleo Can Tie A Bow”, finally presented itself to me. I hope you’re going to love it.

Like many authors these days, I am also an entrepreneur. “Why entrepreneur?” you might ask. The simple answer has to do with the promotion and marketing process that comes after each book has been published. When you are a self-published author, you are forced to realize that a lot of work goes into getting your book into the public eye. And if you don’t do it, quite possibly, no one will ever know your book even exists.

I am always thinking of different ways to market my books.  For instance, with “Cleo Can Tie A Bow”, several promotional avenues presented themselves to me.  Cleo is a young girl who loves bows. She learns how to tie them by remembering a story about a helpful fox aiding a long-eared rabbit in her desire to keep her ears from dragging across the ground.

While researching bows on different social media outlets, I realized that bows are a phenomenon of sorts. They are everywhere, on every product imaginable.  It appears that girls really do love them! So, being an Amazon associate, I decided to create an online store called the “Girls Love Bows Gift Shop” on my blog (Sybrina’s Book Blog); to maybe sell a few bow-themed products and most importantly; to help promote my latest book about a girl who loves bows.

Upon further research regarding rabbit and fox books, I was stunned to discover about 50 books revolving around rabbits and foxes. So…I also created another online store called The Rabbit and The Fox Book Store.

Since learning to tie bows and other kinds of knots are essential to accomplishing certain feats of manual dexterity, I decided to include knotting books and games in The Rabbit and The Fox Book Store, as well.

Of course, the links to all of those products are constantly being promoted through my social media pages on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. I use a service called Postfity to automatically schedule those posts. What a lifesaver. I can spend a few hours on a Saturday to schedule a month’s worth of posts.

I’m always looking for new, plus tried and true methods, of leading readers to my books.  That’s one of the reasons I am on this tour and I’ve got to say, I really appreciate The Story Behind The Book giving up some of their valuable blog space to help an independent author entrepreneur out. Your generosity is greatly appreciated.

If anyone reading this has any other book promotion and marketing ideas, please share them in the comments.  I’d love to know how you do it.

Cleo can tie a bow. She learned what she knows from a rabbit and a fox. They can teach your child how to tie a bow, too. This fun picture book is intended to be a family bonding parent-child activity. It’s a great way to learn to tie shoe laces.

PURCHASE LINKS: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | Smashwords | IndieBound






Sybrina Durant is the author of The Rabbit and The Fox Learn To Tie Series of Books which include Learn To Tie A Neck Tie With The Rabbit and the Fox in English, Spanish and Tagalog; Ned Can Knot A Neck Tie; Nellie Can Knot A Neck Scarf and the newest addition, Cleo Can Tie  A Bow. She also the author of The Blue Unicorn Series of books and has an online book store which features, unicorns, rabbits, foxes, and how to tie books plus gift items related to those things plus lots of bow-themed gifts.

CONNECT WITH SYBRINA: Website Facebook Twitter 


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for hosting Cleo Can Tie A Bow on The Story Behind The Book Blog. I appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete