Sunday, June 19, 2022

The Story Behind Reversal of Fortune by F.M. Meredith

 





The Story Behind Reversal of Fortune


Reversal of Fortune
is #17 in the Rocky Bluff P.D. series—and it is the last one.


When I wrote the first book in the series, Final Respects, I had no idea it would become a series. Though I am not and never have been in law enforcement, my son-in-law was a brand new police officer and would stop by my house in the morning when he got off work, have a cup of coffee and share what happened on his shift.


Some of what happened gave me the plot for that first book. When I created the characters, I knew I wanted show how what happened on the job affected the families, and what happened with the families affected the office on the job. 


Once I was done with the first, I knew I wanted to write more about these people who had become so real to me. In order to know what happened to them next, I had to write another book…and another.


For Reversal of Fortune I read about a women who claimed to be a spiritual advisor when in fact, what she was a fortune teller. I did some research, and learned people paid huge amounts to fortune tellers. I also found out that the police don’t even try to arrest them because those who decide to use the services of a fortune teller really only have themselves to blame.  Right away I knew a fortune teller’s death would be the subject of my next Rocky Bluff P.D. 


From there, it was an easy and fun task to think up who her clients were and why they sought her expertise. As I always do, I included a lot about the personal lives of the officers of the Rocky Bluff P.D., including the female police chief who has been having an ongoing romance with the mayor. 


Rocky Bluff is a small beach town on the southern California coast—it is a fictional place, though has some resemblance to the beach town I once lived in.


As for the families of the police officers, when I lived in that beach town, many of our neighbors were police families, and I witnessed much of how the families were affected by what the officers experienced.  Since that time, I’ve had many friends in law enforcement and one of my grandsons has been an officer for several years.

I’ve been fortunate to have people to ask questions about things I need to know about murder investigations—though I want everyone to remember I’m writing fiction.


This series has had several publishers over the years. It hasn’t always been easy. Now I’m published by a small independent press. 


I write the Rocky Bluff P.D. series as F. M. Meredith, but I’m also known as Marilyn Meredith. 


Reversal of Fortune on Amazon.com







A fortune teller is murdered in the small beach town of Rocky Bluff, California. The RBPD’s investigation uncovers several suspects—all with motives and opportunity. But which one killed her?

The body of a suspect is discovered on the fortune teller’s property. Clearly, the two killings are related, but how? Who is responsible?

Meanwhile, the mayor’s daughter, Kayla, whose best friend is Detective Doug Milligan’s daughter, is upset because her mother’s sister wants her to leave Rocky Bluff to live with her in Los Angeles. Can her friends convince Kayla’s aunt to leave her there with her father?

Book Information

Release Date: April 8, 2022

Publisher: 31 Months LLC;

Soft Cover: ASIN: B09XLQCNZB; 190 pages; $12.99; E-Book, $2.99

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3EA50Eo





F.M. Meredith, also known as Marilyn Meredith, has had 48 books published as well as two short stories, most are mysteries, but also a few Christian horror, a roman with supernatural elements, and a cookbook. She’s taught writing in many venues including for Writers Digest and many conferences. She lives in the foothills of the Sierra with her husband.

Her latest book is the mystery, Reversal of Fortune.

You can visit her website at http://fictionforyou.com/ or her blog at https://marilynmeredith.blogspot.com. Connect with her on Twitter and Facebook.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed being a guest on this blog. It is always fun to write about what inspired a story.

    ReplyDelete